Novena for a Happy and Faithful Marriage
April 21, 2015
The Novena for a Happy and Faithful Marriage is a publication from the St. Josemaria Institute, inspired by Saint Josemaria's desire to help all married couples, and those preparing for marriage, to find meaning and encouragement in their vocation through a commitment to daily prayer and friendship with God, especially when facing inevitable difficulties and times of trial.
The novena reflections are all taken from the homily by Saint Josemaria Escriva, Marriage: A Christian Vocation, published in the book Christ is Passing By (Scepter Publishers, 1974).
Who should pray the Novena for a Happy and Faithful Marriage?
The Novena for a Happy and Faithful Marriage is ideal for those who are thinking about marriage as a vocation, for engaged couples, and for married couples.
How to pray the Novena for a Happy and Faithful Marriage:
- Choose a date and time (e.g. end of day, after dinner) to start the novena.
- Read the reflection of the day slowly in front of a crucifix or image of the Holy Family.
- Meditate on the reading and ask God to let you see what you need to understand.
- Pray one of the two prayers indicated for the day (for the married or engaged).
- End with the Prayer for the Family and ask God for your specific request(s).
Printed copies can be ordered from:
St. Josemaria Institute
4340 Cross Street, Suite 1
Downers Grove, IL 60515